Sunday 24 March 2013

Long Live Pancake Sunday

blueberry spice buckwheat pancakes
I'm a pancake girl. They are one of my favorite foods. I always start my day with a green juice and/or fruit to wake up my guts but a little later on Ill eat something more substantial.  My favorite base for pancakes is a soaked-buckwheat batter made in the blender. Gluten free, whole grain, and very flexible to play with. I never make the same pancake twice.  These were applesauce,flax, milk, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg. hearty, warming, fruity, comforting yum. I usually make a stack on lazy mornings and toast them up  for easy satisfying breakfasts the rest of the week.  Usually Ill throw an egg in the batter but I was out this morning so I used applesauce and flax as they were what I had on hand, thus making them vegan by default. That is until I plated them next to my favorite bison maple sausage. Long live pancake Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment